Seeking a HIGH ENERGY surgery scheduler/ Receptionist for a fast paced and team orientated Multi-Specialty Surgical Center. The facility is a state-of-the-art surgery center conveniently located off the 57 freeway, next to Angel's Stadium. Staff must be a great team player and love working with patients and doctors in a surgical setting.
- Assist in front office and patient reception
- Input demographic/surgery information into EHR
- Assist in clerical charting, filing, copying, etc.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Calling patients to schedule surgery and make follow up calls
- Take patient history and document in patient record
- Give follow-up appointments to patients.
- Manage physician credentialing.
- Perform related work as directed.
- Assist in the ongoing Quality Management & Professional Improvement Program.
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Experience with EHR systems
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in stressful conditions and difficult situations
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others
- Effective prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time if required.
- Ability to manage a multiple line phone system and maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
- Detailed oriented
- Empathize with patients, greet patients, computer data entry.
- Computer proficiency required.
- High level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong work ethic
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma
- AA or Bachelors preferred
- Previous medical work experience preferred.
- CPR/BLS training
- $15.50/ hr
- Annual year-end bonuses
- Health Coverage
- Tuition and education reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.50 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Surgery Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- EHR: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift