Job Title: School-Based Prevention Advocate
Location: Kitsap County
Job Type: Part Time Position
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Description: Scarlet Road is a faith based non-profit organization serving individuals in need of support to exit the legal and illegal sex industry. Scarlet Road provides outreach to at risk individuals and prevention within schools as well as provides aftercare services for those ready and able to leave the sex industry. We aim to meet the basic and long term needs of the most vulnerable people in our community to equip them with skills to gain independence and find healing from their past.
Scarlet Road is hiring a School-Based Prevention Advocate to provide support to local schools in their efforts toward sexual exploitation prevention/victim identification.
Skills Needed & Job Responsibilities:
· Basic understanding about domestic and international sexual exploitation and human trafficking
· Trauma Informed Victim/Survivor identification, safety planning and direct crisis support
· Facilitating in person/video based preventative classroom takeover sessions in local schools
· Maintain a basic familiarity of localized resources that assist vulnerable populations
· Maintaining strong relationships with current school partners
· Data & record keeping, connected to primary job focuses.
· Attend weekly meeting with supervisor
· Meeting short-term/long-term department goals
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in education / human/social services related or a combination of education/work related experience providing equivalent skills
· This position will require the use of personal vehicle (licensed and insured).
· Strong interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills
· Strong ability to balance tasks and time commitments independently
· Experience working with vulnerable populations(ex. homeless youth/adults, substance addicted, abuse survivors)
· Must have the ability to pass a federal background check
· Ability to maintain healthy boundaries and positive self-care practices
· Alignment with organization’s mission and core values
Visit our website www.scarletroad.org for more informatin regarding applying.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- social services and/or education: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Bremerton, WA 98337 (Required)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19