A New Type of Digital Innovation & Venture Building Lab We are a passionate group of accomplished startup entrepreneurs, technologists and marketers that utilize agile, startup-based methodologies to help large brands accelerate digital innovation and build new business ventures.
We are not a typical digital advertising, media or creative agency. Our focus is on helping our clients to discover, pilot and employ emerging technologies and business models as a means of solving core business challenges and creating new growth ventures. From drones that count inventory to machine learning for customer retention (and everything in between), our unique methodology and approach is changing the way that big companies innovate. We are growing rapidly and looking for all-star-caliber players to help grow our team.The Opportunity Interested in following emerging technologies, covering everything from wearables to blockchain to big data and AI? If yes, keep reading. The Research Analyst produces insights and reports into the technologies, business models, competitors, and market trends of tomorrow with a focus on helping brands identify disruption and solve real business challenges. This job requires the capacity to put your head down, dig deep and create strategic maps of all things innovation. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct primary research into the global startup ecosystem, emerging technologies, business models, and market & consumer trends
- Write data-driven research and reports that combine a variety of internal and third-party data sets to identify key trends and opportunities for our client’s business challenges
- Understand complex and varied information that you synthesize into simple market/industry insights
- Ensure all derived insights and strategic recommendations directly address our client’s business objectives
- Maintain and update a database of startups, VC’s and key contacts
- Help the research team develop and pioneer new research products
- Talk directly with startup founders and investors to gather valuable insights into the industries and markets of tomorrow
Client Services and Success
- Help to develop proposals for client engagement based on each client’s specific needs.
- Deliver reports and present findings to clients
- Work with start-up solution providers to understand and simplify their value proposition and solution offering, in accordance with the Pilot44 methodology
- Effectively communicate and represent the Pilot44 message to prospective clients in all settings
- Join with and add to our team culture, supporting creative possibility in an authentic and positive way
While experience is important, a drive and desire to succeed is essential. Key experience and skills required for this position include:
- Prior work experience of 2 to 4 years minimum ideally in the field of market research, journalism, banking/finance, digital marketing or software technology
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and related areas such as venture capital, M&A and corporate innovation
- Writing experience and a passion for writing a must – the research analyst regularly crafts and delivers reports to our clients
- Ability to synthesize large amounts and data and information and develop meaningful conclusions and insights
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and learn about new technologies and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You should feel comfortable speaking & presenting findings both internally and to clients when applicable
- Experience in insights generation and analysis. Able to clearly translate insights and data into easily digestible presentations.
- Startup experience is a plus. Entrepreneurial spirit required.
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills.
- BA/BS degree required, Master’s or higher a plus.
What you can expect from us:
- A culture of excellence.
- Passionate colleagues.
- Start-up environment.
- Deep learning across an immense range of technologies and businesses.
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions.
- A great culture for the fun and curious.
This full-time position is based out of our San Francisco office. Some travel may be required.