Agiliti is growing in Salt Lake City! Join our team, today!
The Medical Equipment Technician provides cost-effective maintenance on company and customer-owned general biomedical equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers’ needs. The MET performs operational verification, preventive maintenance, corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner. The MET works under the guidance of a qualified Biomedical Equipment Technician or supervisor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Delivers a quality service and meets productivity objectives and targets.
- Shares information with all team members to improve ability to service customers and define opportunities for the district team.
- Provides effective equipment inspection, maintenance, calibration and repair service on the following types of medical devices
- Beds/ Stretchers and Surfaces
- Infusion pumps
- Vital Signs, Blood Pressure and Pulse Oximetry Monitors
- Sequential Compression Devices
- Other miscellaneous clinical equipment (i.e. otoscopes, exam room devices, etc)
- Provides Electrical safety and inventory management for all device types
- Completes all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate documentation for billing and required regulatory compliance.
- Safely loads, secures and delivers medical equipment to customers.
- Ships and receives medical equipment and supplies.
- Resolves customer complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Assists in patient handling equipment training as needed.
- Performs other assigned duties.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Military training or Associate degree in an Applied Science preferred.
- Demonstrates Aptitude in Electrical and Mechanical Systems preferred.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and technical drawings.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Valid driver’s license and potential for DOT certification.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental, and customer policies and regulations.
- Customer-focused: willing to go above and beyond.
It is the policy of Agiliti to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local civil rights laws. In addition, Agiliti will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Agiliti strictly prohibits any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy or who cooperate in Agiliti’s investigation of such reports.Primary Job Location: Salt Lake City District Additional Locations (if applicable): Job Title: Medical Equipment Technician Company:
AgilitiLocation City: Salt Lake City Location State: Utah