Highly technical, specialized work in the installation, support, optimization, administration and documentation of datacenter components, such as servers, Ethernet switches, racks, UPS, PDUs, Wireless Access Points, routers, KVM switches, firewalls, networking wiring, virtual hosts, virtual machines, storage and backup units, cloud based solutions, network tools and core applications (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN, VoIP, WINS, DFS, GPO, Active-Sync, antivirus, anti-spam), and core systems servers running Exchange, Operation Manager, Configuration Manager, VMware, Hyper-V, data-files, fax, WEB, Proxy, DHCP, DNS, SQL, print services, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field;
- At least one of the following certifications: MCSE (2012/2016), CCNA, CCNP, FPIMPADM, or VCP 6.0/6.5.
- Considerable two (2) years experience troubleshooting and supporting servers, data storage or network equipment in the most current released version or the immediate predecessor of a Microsoft, Cisco or VMware based environment, utilizing operating systems and products (Examples: Office 2013/2016 Suite, O365, UCS, vSphere, Hyper-V, MS Clustering, et. al.)
- Additionally, candidates must have considerable two (2) years experience in the following areas: Network Protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMS, Microsoft Servers (Proxy, Exchange, O365, SharePoint etc.), Veritas/Symantec/Veeam Backup, UCS Unified Computing, and Wireless Networks..
- Six (6) months supervisory experience is desirable.
- A Valid Driver's License from any state (Equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized upon application, (See "Documentation Section" below).
- All certifications must be maintained valid throughout employment in the classification.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience beyond 60 college credits, and at least two (2) of the following certifications: MCSE (2012/2016), CCNA, CCNP, FPIMPADM or VCP 6.0/6.5. All certifications must be maintained valid throughout employment in the classification.
Applicants selected to fill the position may be subject to undergo and successfully pass a City of Miami Police Department background check depending on the location of the assignment.
2. Proof of required certifications of the following: MCSE (2012/2016), CCNA, CCNP, FPIMPADM, OR VCP 6.0/6.5.
3. Valid Driver's License from any state (Equivalent to a State of Florida (Class E) may be utilized upon application, however prior to appointment a State of Florida Driver's License (Class E or higher) must be presented to the Department of Human Resources and must be maintained valid throughout employment.
4. Degree Audits are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
Foreign degrees, certificates or diplomas require transcript evaluations by American colleges, universities, or a NACES approved transcript evaluation service, which determines reciprocity to education in the United States. Translations of education and training obtained outside of the United States are not accepted.
Additionally, applicants must detail any related experience on the application or risk disqualification. Resumes may be attached, however; information must be clearly detailed on the application, as resumes are not accepted or reviewed in lieu of the employment application.
NOTE #1: Please be sure to attach all required documents to your application each time you apply. Uploaded documents remain in your profile but they will not attach automatically and you will be deemed ineligible without proper documentation.
experience. City of Miami employees must upload and attach all required documentation to their application prior to submission.
Veterans Preference: If claiming Veteran's Preference, all Forms DD-214-"Member 4", must be submitted with the application. In addition to the Form DD-214, applicants who have been awarded combat campaign/expeditionary medals that are not reflected on the Form DD-214 must submit supplemental documents from the Department of Defense that demonstrates possession of a combat/expeditionary medal, if seeking veteran's preference points. For claiming Disabled Veteran's Preference, a letter from Veteran's Affairs or the Department of Defense dated within one year of the closing date is also needed. Letter of disability must state percentage of disability. Veteran's preference points will be awarded in accordance with F.S.S. 295.
Selection Preference for City Residents:
In accordance with APM 2-02, applicants for classified positions who are City of Miami residents and new hires will receive preference in selection from interview ranking bands provided that any two (2) of the following documents are submitted with the application and again at the time of interview:
A. Utility bill dated within 60 days of the date of submission
B. Valid Florida Driver License or State-issued I.D.
C. Property Tax Statement dated within 1 year of the date of submission
D. Properly executed valid lease agreement
E. Homestead Exemption dated within 1 year of the date of submission
F. Motor Vehicle Registration dated within 90 days of the date of submission
G. Official school records or transcripts, dated within 90 days of the date of submission
H. W-2 (or 1099) Tax Form dated within 1 year of the date of submission
Applicants must provide a valid email address in order to receive notification of eligibility. Please be advised that you will not receive this information if a valid email address is not provided.