Coleman Construction Inc. is seeking a full-time General Superintendent with underground utility and paving construction experience to direct project activities and supervise field personnel as required to successfully complete projects according to schedule. This includes maintaining project quality, supervising on-site trade and field personnel, and administering good construction safety practices for all on-site activities.
- Provide daily supervision and scheduling for grading, drainage, paving, structures, and other miscellaneous jobsite needs by crews and subcontractors.
- Direct field personnel to complete the project on time, within budget, and at high levels of quality to match plans and specifications.
- Oversee field personnel, monitor daily/ weekly schedules, identify and solve problems, and report any issues.
- Plan and coordinate construction activities with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Coordinate equipment, trucks, and crews to maximize efficiency.
- Maintain open communication with the Project Manager.
- Document jobsite details and report daily progress.
- Attend project related meetings to discuss progress and public impact.
- May assist with survey and field layout.
- Maintain an organized and clean job site.
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, and rectify job site hazards immediately.
- Enforce the company’s safety program so that the company safety objectives are achieved.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, inspectors and other employees.
- Assist engineers and estimators as needed, in pursuit of new or additional work.
- Display leadership to meet the company values and objectives.
- Competent in reading and understanding civil construction plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Manage personnel/ equipment efficiently.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, safety management, quality control and budgeting of all phases of civil construction.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills including assigning, directing and inspecting work, scheduling, rewarding or discipling employees, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts on all projects.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Familiar with DOT regulations and standards.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory, and planning skills required.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and ten (10) years of experience in the field of housing subdivisions, light commercial, underground and paving a MUST; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Underground License (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Multiple locations
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma