- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, event management, property management or equivalent office management experience.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.
- Experience managing a Facilities/Operations team with experience in mechanical systems (HVAC, lighting, BMS systems).
- Ability to handle multiple requests, work in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to customer requests/service issues.
- Ability to think “outside the box” and bring creative, nonstandard and innovative solutions to the table.
- Ability to manipulate data, see beyond the numbers, be strategic and draw business conclusions. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of common business software programs and familiarity with Google applications. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work - from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Provide a pivotal role in facility service operations throughout the region, including new office builds and expansions, capacity and space planning, implementation of new processes and procedures. Ensure an efficient, productive integration for regional initiative, fiscal responsibilities, data analysis, new program implementation and M&A activities.
- Communicate program information and updates to Googlers using Google tools. Communicate and collaborate at all organizational levels and with vendor teams, business, site leads and other stakeholders to drive consensus and strategic recommendations.
- Support critical business functions, including financial, procurement, vendor management, contract management, transportation programs and general office services. Find innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery.
- Manage facilities operating budget as well as oversee property management services and vendor service contracts, including maintenance of building and mechanical systems, janitorial service and supplies, and health and safety.