CACI is currently looking for an Enterprise Help Desk Lead with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead a diverse team of Help Desk professionals, responsible for:
- Supporting end user applications and work in a multi-tier helpdesk as well as work with software development and systems administrators to help reproduce and diagnose problems.
- Providing remote support to users for network and desktop hardware and software problems.
- Responding to and diagnose problems through interactions with users while ensuring a timely process through which problems are controlled; including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow up steps.
- interacting with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development leads to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommend system or process modifications to reduce user problems.
- Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high-impact assignments.
- Populate a consolidated Knowledge Management solution to provide Tier 0 Self Service Portal to user populations and provide a centralized knowledge repository for assigned applications suites.
- Manage a Tier 2 Help Desk team across multiple portfolios.
- Lead collaboration with the engineering teams to identify, respond, and resolve tickets in a timely manner.
- Communicate issues and resolutions with appropriate stakeholders.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria includes, but not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
- Professional Experience: Bachelors Degree and 5 years related technical and managerial experience (experiences considered in lieu of degree)
- Experience with Remedy ticketing systems.
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk.
- Ability to lead a large 365x24x7 on-call help desk/service desk team.
You are good at:
- Providing support to end users spanning a variety of issues.
- Identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems.
- Responding to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Providing second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Maintaining relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
- Supporting long- and short-range planning.
- Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity.
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of efforts.
Bonus would be having:
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, experience considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with ServiceNow and Remedy ticketing systems
- Experience with Problem and Incident Management
- Security Certification, other Technical Certifications
- Strong, active listening skills
- CBP, DHS, Border Patrol Systems experience
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.