Fairfax County's Department of Human Resources is seeking an experienced Employee Relations (ER) Analyst to aid in the administration of its' various programs. The Employee Relations Division collaborates with agency HR staff, senior leaders, and other DHR divisions to serve a workforce of more than 12,000 merit positions. Key division responsibilities include providing consultative services; administering and interpreting relevant policies and regulations; administering the performance management and grievance systems; developing and facilitating training; ensuring regulatory compliance; and increasing employee engagement. The selected incumbent is responsible for:
- Serving as a business partner/consultant to employees, supervisors, agency HR managers and managers on matters pertaining to employee relations and performance management;
- Identifying potential issues and facilitating solutions designed to address an array of employee relations issues;
- Drafting, reviewing, and editing a variety of employee relations documents and correspondence;
- Supporting efficient and effective operations of automated and human systems under the purview of the division;
- Working collaboratively on program studies and project implementations;
- Developing and proposing revisions to county personnel regulations and procedural memoranda;
- Designing and delivering training on relevant subject matter;
- Maintaining current knowledge regarding a range of federal, state, and local human resources legislation.
Employee Relations/EEO Programs
Knowledge of the principles, methods and problems of organization and management;
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in personnel administration, public administration or a related field, plus four years of professional-level human resources experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- A directly related bachelor's degree (e.g., human resources management, human resources development, public administration, sociology, psychology, or business administration);
- Human resources professional certification (Senior Professional in Human Resources [SPHR]; IPMA-HR or similar);
- Five or more years of successful experience as an HR consultant or business partner working in employee relations;
- Two or more years of experience in creating and providing training to managers related to performance management, discipline, conduct, and grievances.
The appointee to the position must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check.
Duties are generally sedentary, performed in a normal office environment. Ability to operate keyboard-driven equipment. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include a written exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.