The employee will possesses sufficient experience, training, and skills to meet the requirements of Congressional Support to support the Office of the Secretary. Work shall be performed in accordance with the general duties as outline below:
Congressional Support Services:
- The employee shall provide extensive Congressional Support Services to the Office of the Secretary, which will aid in fulfilling the agency’s mission to protect America’s consumers from fraudulent, unfair and deceptive acts and practices, and actions that harm competition.
- The employee will handle inquiries from Congressional Offices.
- The employee will redact sensitive personally identifiable information.
- The contractor shall scan and apply optical character recognition software to hundreds of incoming Congressional letters, emails, and outgoing responses, in order to place them in the Commission’s internal Document Management System.
- The employee will enter extensive sets of data arising from these letters and responses into the Congressional Correspondence Management System; and will monitor the performance of both systems.
- The employee will aid in fulfilling the agency’s mission to protect America’s consumers from fraudulent, unfair and deceptive acts and practices, and actions that harm competition.
Administrative and Clerical Support:
- The Contractor shall provide extensive administrative and clerical Support to the Office of the Secretary.
- The Contractor shall scan and apply optical character recognition software to thousands of official Commission record documents -- in order to place them in the Commission’s internal Document Management System -- and will enter extensive sets of metadata arising from these documents into the same system.
- The Contractor shall provide a variety of other types of administrative and clerical support and records management services.
- The Contractor shall assist the Office of the Secretary in its role as the legal custodian of the Commission’s official record, and its role as the Commission’s clerk in adjudicative proceedings under Part 3 of the FTC Rules of Practice.
Minimum QUALIFICATION: The employee will possess the following knowledge:
- 2 years of experience handling Congressional and White House inquiries and correspondence, and with monitoring and entering documents and data into both a Congressional Correspondence Management System and an Agency Document Management System.
- 2 years of experience with administrative and clerical procedures – such as managing files and records, and other office procedures – and of office computer systems and software, such as Microsoft Office products (including in particular Microsoft Word and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat Professional products, and Documentum.
- Extensive knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- handling Congressional and White House inquiries and corresp: 2 years (Required)
- administrative and clerical procedures: 2 years (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Monday to Friday