The Human Trafficking Institute exists to decimate modern slavery at its source by empowering police and prosecutors to stop traffickers. Working inside criminal justice systems, the Institute provides the embedded experts, world-class training, investigative resources, and evidence-based research necessary to free victims.
The Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis, and visualization of data that supports the Human Trafficking Institute’s mission to end global trafficking. The role will identify opportunities to improve efficiency in the way the organization interacts with large sets of data. The Analyst role will manage organizational data in online databases, including Salesforce to support the creation of the Institute’s annual Federal Human Trafficking Report, oversee reporting in Virtuous to support the Strategic Partnerships team’s fundraising efforts, and monitor the Institute’s full contact list of partners, supporters, and friends. The ideal candidate is meticulously detail-oriented, has experience planning and executing large-scale data-driven projects, database management, and is passionate about using his/her skills to combat human trafficking.
· Serve as a subject matter expert for the Institute for all questions related to collecting, using, and visualizing data and database management
· Monitor customer relationship management systems (i.e., Salesforce, Virtuous) and identify ways in which organizational data can support the Institute’s goals
· Develop and implement user-friendly processes for importing and exporting large amounts of data from public sources into and from the Salesforce database and other tools
· Support the collection of data from primary and secondary sources and the entry of data into organizational databases
· Design queries and reports to best export and understand data related to the Institute’s donor base
· Create internal systems and procedures to maintain data integrity and confidentiality, including creating and running troubleshooting reports Review data sets and drafts of publications for data accuracy
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field, or equivalent work experience
· Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2 years managing organizational data
· Significant experience with Microsoft Excel and fluency in different data platforms (e.g. CRM or visualization software)
· A genuine interest in using data and technology to improve the public good
· Enthusiasm about brainstorming and suggesting new ways to look at the data
· Meticulous attention to detail, including the ability to crosscheck numbers in multiple formats (e.g., database, spreadsheet, report text, corresponding graphic)
· Capacity to draw conclusions and answers to specific questions from large data sets and clearly communicating those answers to non-data experts
· Ability to learn the basic legal terminology necessary to design and run reports that answer the questions asked
· Familiarity with additional data platforms is a plus - role may evolve into opportunities to use systems such as SQL and Tableau
· Previous experience with Salesforce and query management
· Experience with automating data collection and analysis processes
· Disciplined with priorities, efficient, organized, works well under stress.
· Self-motivated, mature judgment, discerning, emotionally intelligent.
· Maintain confidentiality in all aspects and be flexible and work according to the needs of the organization and its Leadership
· Strong ethic of service, team player, sustained positive attitude, passion for the Institute’s goals.
This full-time position starts in November 2019 (official start date flexible) and will be located in our Merrifield, VA office. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. The cover letter should address (1) your experience with online data platforms or databases; (2) any expertise designing and executing data projects; (3) your interest in the mission of the Human Trafficking Institute. References should include at least one reference who can speak to your character, and two references that can speak about your experience in working with data. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)
- One location
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Health insurance